Tuesday 1 May 2007

In Good Time

I'm very much a person who struggles with "delayed gratification." If I get an idea in my head, I want it done and yesterday would've been a perfect day for it. Books, poetry (which I'm only getting into now) reading and writing is my way of slowing down, taking a step back and escape from whatever is chasing me.

Here are a few quotes I find meaningful:

"Since you cannot do good to all, you are to pay special attention to those who by accidents of time, or place, or circumstance, are brought into closer connection with you." - St Augustine

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things only hoped for." - Epicarus

"Some of the shells that wash up on the beach were once beautiful. We don't know what kind of journey thay had to take to get them in their fragile condition. The same is true for people. Be kind." Linda Gifford

"There is nothing in caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." Richard Buckminster Fuller

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Oh yeah! These are great! To be pondered over and over. Aren't words the best?

D

Kae-Lyne said...

Hi D

I think so too....I will post more of these wonderfully strung-together words.
K