Wednesday 25 July 2007

Where two currents meet

Have you noticed how the water swirls and crashes where two currents meet? Waves collide with waves and there is a lucid wisp of mist drifting over the seething surf and deep blue waters. Occasionally you notice a quiet and calmness that catches you off guard and you wonder where this sudden stillness is coming from. Only to be rudely, untimely but expectedly interrupted by the next submersion of crashing waves.

My soul is where two currents meet. Water flowing against water. A force fighting against a force equal to its own. I'm dispersed while spinning like a top through nothing more but air, and I beg you to let me down, so I can find a warm, safe dwelling to rest my soul. I want a change in weather and wind and for the moon to turn on its side to allow me to return to my sublunary world . Just for a short while. I'll be happy with minutes, even seconds. Nothing more. Just a little solace from this madness.

The quietness I desire is far out of reach. Close enough for a glimpse, but with it's fancy footwork escapes my keen embrace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautifully written, and also sad.

Kae-Lyne said...

Thank you Dana. I was sad...