Friday 15 June 2007

Beautiful Rain

Despite a disturbed night, listening to the blinds rattling while I'm drowning in the knowledge that my windows are supposed to seal tight enough not to let a breath of air through, I'm up early. It's raining and I have to stop myself from going outside and let the pearly rain drops wash over me.

My heart becomes giddy with glee and excitement takes up residence which sometimes leaves just as eagerly.

Rain nourishes me. It slows me down and keeps me inside where it's warm and cosy. It cools down the earth in summer, feeds the plants when they're thirsty and cleans them to help them breathing. The biggest blessing of all is, every time it rains God is smiling down on me. His special words to me are:

"Here my child, these pearly rain drops are just for you. I give you live. I want what's best for you. I give this rain to the plants and animals so they may feed you and give you pleasure when you look outside onto your garden and the fields. I let it wash over the earth to feed and clean it, so you may live. I give you rain, to slow you down. You're to hasty, slow down. Take time to notice the beauty and glamor of nature after the rains. Slow down, take notice, you're too busy."

This is my blessing. This is Sublime Rapture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.